Monday, February 25, 2008

HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY?


Our time in NZ is about half gone. Were off to another beach house (brother Dennis) tomorrow. We hope to go out a charter fishing boat one of our days there. Perhaps to catch a marlin...or a shark. There is not room to display all of the photos we've taken and I won't have the time to figure out how to insert a slide show on this blog until after I return. So you'll have to be satisfied with teasers. The country is so incredibly picturesque, I have to exert self control not to use up my 4 GB memory card. Anyway, the photo is of yet another beautiful harbor at Manganui. Everywhere you go here, there is the coast, a bay, sandy beaches and in between rolling green hills. I'm camped at a Starbucks posting this entry. Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, KFC are most everywhere....we may import everything from China, but we export healthy food everywhere.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry there's no In-N-Out...we may have to make a run to Redding just to have one at some point. I told Shane after picking up Grandma last week that I could make that jaunt every couple of weeks. Right, if the gas wasn't $3.29/gallon! Just think, you won't be home until next month so that still seems like a ways away. I know you're enjoying every moment so you won't have any regrets when you get home. We love you both so much!

Kristen said...

Hi there! Glad everything is going well. The sun is shining today, and it almost hit 60! I actually went to the gym today...first time in 2 months, so that was good.
Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

hey steve,

looks like a fabulous trip. you guys really know how to catalog stuff. this looks like the memories of a lifetime. im sure many wonderful experiences lie ahead. i will stay tuned..

bill miller

Allyson Miles said...

Steve and Marie ~ I am so glad your trip is going well. I can hardly wait to see all your pics. I am there with you in spirit!! I can hardly wait to see the scenic pictures of all your adventures!

Kristen said...

Well, what did you get to do for your birthday? I hope it was a good one!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today (and yesterday) as you celebrate your birthday, Dad! I hope the beach is wonderful!