I have received feedback from many of my blog fanclub members that I have not been sufficiently active in posting new entries on my blog. I confess...this being a new exercise, I am having difficulty in posting new information or entries on a regular basis with topics around everyday events. For a year, long, long ago, I did daily entries in a journal for a writing class.
This feels like a similar exercise. However, like many other "exercises", what is needed is discipline and motivation.
What motivates me? One of the things that motivates me is a desire to pass on to my grandchildren some of the habits, skills, interests and activities that are a part of who I am.
Toward that end (and with ulterior motives), I have enrolled Ryan in golf lessons and we have been participating for the past two weeks. He seems to be interested and enjoying the lessons. My next target will be Aaron. My goal in this endeavor is to pass on an interest in a lifelong activity that can be enjoyable, healthy and valuable. My ulterior motive is to build a new generation of golfing "buddies". One of my challenges is finding people to golf with on a regular basis. Who better than grandsons and perhaps granddaughters. My family is very important to me. My grandchildren are a part of who I am. Beyond genetics, I have the opportunity to pass on to them, a part of who I am. Tennis anyone? Or if you'd rather, tabletennis? While I like to teach, I like nothing better to win while teaching.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
The blog author lives! Woohoo! Thank you so much for your investment in Ryan. He told me again today how much he liked golfing, how much he liked being on the green, and that he hit a ball a long way! More than all that, I appreciate this time that he can have with you. Ok, the blog pressure is on :-)...
I am up for some table tennis and/or tennis anytime!!!!!! And not the Wii variety either.
Post a Comment